Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Person

         Hi, my name is Chloe Cimarrón. I'm an Italian immigrant. When I lived in Italy my life was very sad. Our houses were damaged by natural disaster. Poverty grew. Northeners started to dominate the government. Southeners were hurt by high taxes and high protective tariffs on northern industrial goods.
          When we arrived to the U.S. we didn't have a work that payed us alot. Living conditions were dirty and crowded. Italian workers tend to pass starvation but when time passed  by their life changed. They had a wealthy job and more money.
          My life was very sad. I had to work alot of years and pass starvation to save more money.  After years passed by I had a better job and I didn't have to pass starvation anymore.
           After I had the better job, I had more money to buy things that I needed. I never got married. I always helped other immigrants. Over the years, the Italians rose up the economic scale. They aquired job skills rather than being educated.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment